Wednesday, October 5, 2011

About Me


I have always believed that fashion is much more than a way to express ourselves.  It is a way to express our culture, identify ourselves as part of a community, share ideas, and make friends.  Style unites us as people, from the day we are born to the day we die.  As a child, I dedicated myself to becoming one of the people who made it happen, and that desire has stayed with me since.  Never have I quite let go of that fascination with a population’s attire, or what it says about the overall community.  When I think I’ve seen everything, all I need do is look a little closer, and there is another group of people with another style entirely ready to excite and inspire me.  As long as there are people to communicate ideas, there will be new trends and subcultures to examine and research, and old trends to compare them to.  The patterns that fashion reveals in our culture and in history will never cease to inspire passion in myself, others in the field, and future additions to the fashion industry.  As a result of this fascination, I have pursued information on fashion history and current trends, including how clothing pertains to both formal and casual situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment