Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Week 1 EOC: Great Customer Service


“The twofold goal of marketing is to attract new customers by promising superior value and to keep and grow current customers by delivering satisfaction.” (Ch. 1, Page 3)  When I think of customer service, there’s one business that immediately comes to mind: Great Harvest Bread Co.  The moment I entered the restaurant for the first time, at the recommendation of a colleague of my mother, I was greeted with a smile and asked if I would like a free slice of bread.  In clear view were loaves of their most popular varieties, including pumpkin, potato-cheese, garlic-cheese, apple cinnamon, and pepperoni rolls.  They made me fall in love with the product without a single penny spent on my part, but secured me as a customer.  With that act, they convinced me not only to buy a loaf of their pumpkin bread, but a sandwich combo, a package of white rolls, and a pumpkin muffin.  I have bought sandwiches and bread at Great Harvest whenever possible for six years now, and do not plan on switching companies anytime soon.  Their service is quick, the environment is nice, and the employees have a good attitude.  I’ve never seen a Great Harvest advertisement.  I assume word of mouth does all the work.  After being told about it, I told somewhere between five and thirty people about it, even personally taking a friend or two to eat there.  If every happy customer is the same way as I am, they gain a huge number of loyal customers just from providing an outstanding product and outstanding service.  I do not eat there because of the price.  I eat there because of the quality and experience, which is consistently outstanding.  They truly do meet the goals of marketing.  They attract new customers through word of mouth, and keep their current customers satisfied, generating even more good will.

No comments:

Post a Comment