Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Week 6 EOC: Me*3


The things I buy regularly for myself very much define who I am.  I buy Martinelli’s apple cider because I enjoy thinking about celebratory things.  It is not always because I am celebrating, but rather, that I want something to celebrate.  I buy it when I am feeling troubled or anxious so I can enjoy that special occasion feeling and, in turn, feel a little bit better, resulting in a brighter attitude and outlook on life.  This happens so often that many of my friends are familiar with the habit, and they have begun to associate me with the brand.

I buy Skintimate strawberry-tangerine scented shaving cream because it smells wonderful and makes me feel clean.  The scent lingers with my skin after a shower and stays with me throughout the day.  It is one of those subtle scents that makes me happy.  I am well aware that nobody else in the world cares what kind of sent my shaving cream has, as long as it does its job.  What matters to me is not other people noticing the scent.  It is the citrus and strawberry smell, making me think of summer and sunlight.  It is, to me, like happiness in a can.

I cannot talk about products I buy for myself without bringing Great Harvest into the conversation.  Their sandwiches are absolutely one of my favorite things in the world.  They have a fresh, delicious, wholesome flavor, and are healthy as well.  I buy them because I can feel like I am spoiling myself without criticizing myself for making a bad food choice.  Additionally, the vegetables I always pack onto the sandwich make me think of, of course, spring and summer.

The associations any product holds in my mind are a huge part of my decision to buy.  I like to buy things that are associated with happiness, light, summer, spring, cute things, and celebration.  Uplifting things are my favorite products.  From this, you can tell that I am a person who likes to not only be happy but spread smiles amongst others.

 

(GH image to be added as soon as I go there to eat, which will certainly be soon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment